Movies and books document the great environmental challenges of our time.
- “Bag it: Is your life too plastic?” (See trailer HERE.)
- “Chasing Ice” (See trailer.)
- A Chemical Reaction (May 2014 Green Scene selection) (See trailer.)
- Subject: pesticides and herbicides
- “Gasland” (See trailer.)
- “Gasland II” (See trailer.)
- “New Environmentalists — From Chicago to The Karoo” (See full movie.)
- Promised Land (March 2014 Green Scene selection) (More information)
- Subject: This drama stars Matt Damon as a corporate salesman whose journey from farm boy to big-time player takes an unexpected detour when he lands in a small town. When a slick environmental activist arrives, suddenly the stakes, both personal and professional, rise to the boiling point.
- Availability: This movie is available through the Northbrook Library.
- Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us? (April 2014 Green Scene selection) (See trailer.)
- Subject: This documentary takes a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of a beehive. Engaging and ultimately uplifting, the film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world.
- Availability: This movie is available through the Wilmette Library.
- “Revolution” (See trailer.)
- “Trashed” (See trailer.)
- “Urban Roots” (See trailer.)