Northbrook offers drop-off opportunity for household electronics, paint, lightbulbs and batteries on the first Tuesday of every month. The drop-off area will be located at the fleet maintenance garage behind the Village Hall, 1227 Cedar Lane, from 8:00am–3:00pm. In addition, the Village offers a free collection at the annual Earth and Arbor Day celebration in April.
- Household Electronics. The State of Illinois has mandated that, effective January 1, 2012, certain electronics may no longer be disposed of in landfills. Therefore Northbrook residents will no longer be able to place any of the following electronic products in their refuse or recycling for disposal:
- Televisions and Computer monitors
- Printers, scanners and Fax machines
- Computers (including tablet computers)
- Keyboards and other computer components (mice, speakers, etc)
- VCRs and DVD players – CD Players and stereo components
- Portable digital music players
- Video game consoles and Small scale servers
- Digital converter boxes, cable and satellite receivers
- Paint Recycling (March-November): latex and oil-based paint. Paint only, no mineral spirits, varnishes or urethanes.
- CFLs and Household Batteries: Drop-off bins will be located in the front lobby of the Northbrook Village Hall (1225 Cedar Lane), 8:30am–4:30pm, Monday–Friday. The Northbrook Public Library (1201 Cedar Lane) will also provide a drop-off bin in the lobby for household batteries only. The bin will be available during Library hours. Please, no car batteries (these can be picked up with regular garbage).
These services are exclusively for Northbrook residents (no drop-offs from nonresidential sources). The material cannot be comingled with other materials such as solid waste, hazardous waste, landscape waste or other recyclable materials not intended for this collection.
Questions may be directed to 847-664-4010 or via email at email@example.com