Check with your recycling company if you do suscribe to Advanced Disposal.
Plastic Film Recycling (check with your local store to see which of these items are acceptable)
- Retail, carryout, produce, newspaper, bread, and dry cleaning bags (clean, dry and free of receipts and clothes hangers)
- Zip-top food storage bags (clean and dry)
- Plastic shipping envelopes (remove labels), bubble wrap and air pillows (deflate)
- Product wrap on cases of water/soda bottles, paper towels, napkins, disposable cups, bathroom tissue, diapers, and female sanitary products
- Furniture and electronic wrap
- Plastic cereal box liners (but if it tears like paper, do not include)
- Any film packaging or bag that has the How2Recycle Label
Terracycle Collection Sites (a program that recycles hard to recycle items)
Village Hall and Northbrook Metra Train Station: energy bars wrappers, dental hygiene, and personal beauty items, OTC medical packaging (see GoGreen website for more information)
North Suburban YMCA: Chip and snack bags, Go Go Squeeze pouches, Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and any dental packaging, personal beauty items, coffee cups and lids, coffee, tea, and creamer capsules (k-cup pods) (check on-site for more information)
Clean Styrofoam blocks or popcorn can be brought to Abt.
Batteries can be brought the Northbrook Library.
Avoid single use plastic when possible; recycle when you can’t choose an alternative!