Parents, Restaurants, Cafeterias, Healthcare workers…
How can you reduce costs and protect the environment?
- Provide straws only upon request
- If your cups, drinks or patrons require a straw, serve biodegradable straw(paper, bamboo).
- Businesses who adopted these approaches cut costs because the reduced volume of straws outweighed the higher per-straw cost of sustainable options.
- Educate yourself and your employees about the harmful environmental impact of straws.
- Talk to your patrons about the positive impact they make by forgoing a straw. Conversations with your patrons, posting a sign on your window or wall or putting a flyer on your tables are possibilities.
- Add your business to The Shedd Aquarium’s wall of fame for doing your part to #SheddtheStraw.